Researcher - Data Analyst
Mpiris is a young research company informing decision makers in the domains of education, the labour market and social policy by conducting practice-oriented social science research.
Mpiris stands out from the crowd by its constant search for new methods to exploit the opportunities digitization and datafication offer in order to provide answers to our clients’ questions.
In order to realise a new project and to prepare for further growth, Mpiris is looking for a motivated and rapidly available researcher/data analyst.
Tasks and responsibilities
The task of a Researcher – Data analyst is to translate data into insights and recommendations for our clients. It’s our responsibility to provide policy makers with the best possible information and the most actionable advice to have impact.
Your job will consist of the following responsibilities:
- Analysing statistical data using R
- Reporting and visualising of the analysis
- Monitoring dataset quality
- Reviewing literature
- Recruiting and selecting telephone operators
- Conducting telephone and face-to-face interviews
Depending on your experience and demonstrated skills, we would be happy to entrust you with one or more of the following tasks as well:
- Drafting, reviewing and editing questionnaires
- Training and guidance of telephone operators
- Executing qualitative data analysis
- Designing, preparing and leading focus group discussions
- Reporting qualitative research findings (both written and oral)
- Exploring and building reproducible and technology-based data collection, analysis and visualisation tools
- Entering into consultation with (potential) clients and (technology) partners
- Advanced expertise in R for statistical analysis
- Dynamic and dedicated to exceed expectations
- Strong analytical skills in order to set priorities, solve problems and classify topics
- Results-driven, able to handle tight deadlines and maintain high standards of work
- Excellent communication skills to report research findings, to conduct interviews, to draft and edit questionnaires and to enter into consultation with clients and business partners
- Accurate and has an eye for details
- Taking initiative and assuming responsibility
- Eager and able to learn quickly in order to acquire expertise in new techniques and subject matters
- Perfect command of Dutch (written and oral), professional proficiency in English and French
- Full-time job until 30 June 2020, with the possibility of a contract extension
- Informal organisational culture
- Ambitious working environment with lots of learning opportunities
- Contribute to how social science research will look like in the future
- Located at "Bedrijvencentrum De Punt" (Ghent)
Send your motivation letter, CV and relevant references in Dutch and apply via the link in this page.
If you are the candidate Mpiris is looking for, you will be invited for a talk to get to know each other better.